quinta-feira, outubro 19, 2006

We have different eyes


"can’t write a poem of beauty
I can’t write something that will make you happy
All I can do is write the words I know
In lines that make sense to my mind
You think morning bird songs as beauty on your windowsill
I think early morning annoyances
You think fuzzy animal
I think creature living its own life as we do ours
You see people dressed in white with crosses you think angels
You see ones dressed in black and chains you think demons
I do not see the beauty of one or the ugliness of another
I see people in white as people
I see people in black as people
I don’t see the difference
You look into a mirror and see everything right and wrong
All I can see is my reflection
I see nothing special
Nothing right, but nothing wrong
I see no demon, but I see no angel in my reflection either
How can two beings such as you and I
See the same thing, and think so differently
It’s easy
As you see me a sin
I see you as just there
We have different eyes
Our eyes have different reflections
How can I write words of beauty
When what I see as enchanting

Could be what you see as disgrace."

poem by WanderingShadow
imagem by soleildenuit

Sem comentários: